




This is the day we have anticipated for several weeks---when we would learn if we are having a grandson or granddaughter this summer---and the news is in!
Baby Boy Potter is on the way, and will arrive sometime around July 21st, God willing. Michael and Eleanor experienced an ultrasound and listened to the strong heartbeat Tuesday (February 19th), and I just got off the phone with them.
Being our first grandchild, we really couldn't go wrong---I would have been delighted to hear about a boy or girl, and I'm just very grateful that all seems normal in the pregnancy.
The photos here were taken in December, (one of them was done with the help of a stuffed pillow, of course!) the day that the happy couple announced their expectant news to our family, and later to the Miller Family. That's Michael's long-time best friend Paul with his young family, and dear friends Dan and Angie as proud grandparents, too!
Now that I think about it, I should have taken a picture of the drawing M and E made to reveal their grand news. They sketched a simple cartoon showing "Milk and Honey Lasso the Stork," which carried out their "It's A Wonderful Life" theme from engagement days. Being Wonderful Life fanatics ourselves, we all caught on immediately, of course. In case you hadn't heard, Michael's long-standing nickname since junior high years is Milk, and of course, Eleanor is his Honey. (And she has become a real honey to all the Potters, too!)
Craig and Theresa Rossell are posing in their kitchen as new grandparents too. They are Eleanor's wonderful parents whom I visited in January, just before their other daughter gave them their first grandchild. We are rejoicing together!
One last note on this subject: During the first week of December, as Norm and I were in San Antonio, he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. After thinking about it a few minutes, I could not think of anything I wanted except news that we would be grandparents in 2008. I didn't realize I would be getting my wish so soon!



1 comment:
My name is Michael Potter and I approve this blog.
Post a Comment