It's hard to believe it has been 2 weeks since I posted anything. I have read several other people's blogs in those weeks, and got so busy planning the Yongsan Branch Valentine Party, that I hadn't updated my own...but now I have a few photos to share from last night. Norm and I danced for the first time in several years. It's not because we had not wanted to....It's because we never found anyplace to dance. So, I arranged for fellow branch member Sherm Grandy to provide some general instruction, and then give us free time to have some dancing fun.
But before we got to that point, we all divided into dinner groups and met in 7 branch members' homes in Yongsan military housing. Norm and I dined at Dave and Kristie Marsden's lovely home, which is in the adjacent US Embassy housing. We had our young branch president Hans Zeller and wife Jody, Elder and Sister Pickett, and Tom and Mayumi Cole with us, too. We knew them back in the early 1980's in Heilbronn, Germany, and they are both here as active duty COL and LTC now. We just never know who we'll meet up with in the military community, and especially among the church members. It was a good mix of couples, and the meal was a delicious potluck dinner: tortilla soup, pot roast, rice pilaf, Japanese green salad, fruit salad, rolls...yummy.



1 comment:
Are you the activity chairman? It sounds like it and if so, that was a good choice. You are very, very good at putting socials together. Great party--wixh I'd been there!
Post a Comment