Monday, August 03, 2009

Start of August--Status Quo

Norm went back to Korea this weekend, and I am still here in Kaysville. Nothing is happening in the job scene for us so if nothing changes, I will end up returning to Korea sometime in the next couple months. Nothing is happening there either, but I can always take up my former work life. The recession is real, even for special ed teachers! There is just no work available anywhere, period. I am mighty grateful for the job Norm has, so that if nothing comes open to him here in Utah, we can just continue to carry on over in Seoul. I am getting plenty of time to be a grandma here at home in Kaysville, and am wearing myself out with yard and garden work, so if I do need to return for several months to Korea, I won't have any regrets; I am maximizing my time here in every way. I am even serving in the Kaysville 5th ward as a temporary Gospel Doctrine class teacher, and doing substitute teaching in the Davis School District, as I always do when I live here for a time. There is always something else to get involved with, friends and family to see, things to learn, places to go, etc. and Norm was also able to do lots of good things on his visit here in July. No regrets.

3 comments:

Katie said...

No work for Special Ed teachers???? Yikes. It sounds like you are having a really great summer and have gotten right back in the groove of things in Kaysville.

Sara P said...

That's right, Katie...no SPED jobs this summer. Hard to believe, but true. I waited all summer for a call from any of the principals in the Davis District, and not one called me in all those weeks. I heard that some of them were dragging their feet because they had other higher priorities, and that some teaching positions are filled later in the fall, when things are desperate. I didn't have time to wait around for that, so I flew out of there in late August.

Ev said...

Hope you're enjoying Korea again!! Just stopped by to check out your blog & guess you're taking a break. At least there's facebook :) Grateful for you & for your friendship! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! & let Norm know too!