




My main new year's resolve is to become a regular blogger, more than just occasionally. I took the first step today by downloading all the photos I have from this busy month in Korea, and also some remarkable shots taken from the plane over the Arctic region. (that's another blog posting topic!)
There have been a lot of social gatherings since I returned to the Land of the Morning Calm this month, including folks from the American, Korean and Philippino culture at Phillipe and Susie Barbieri's lovely apartment. What a feast of delish food and great chatting!
Then there was our monthly SESA meeting, at which Norm was asked to come up and speak spontaneously, which he did with not a moment's hesitation. (Next month the two of us are the main speakers.) This is the Seoul English Study Association. We love the interaction with Koreans, and they love the chance to practice their English conversation skills with us!
In celebration of the upcoming Lunar New Year Day (Sol Nal in Korean)next week, the ladies of our local church branch gathered for a Korean food feast and cultural presentation, and you can see what beautiful dresses they wear for special occasions. It was fun and interesting!
And, although I never got the camera out for the occasion, Norm and I hosted the latest of our monthly couples study group/pot luck dinner gatherings last Sunday night, and had a great discussion with our friends about developing Christlike attributes. This was the very evening (Seoul time) that Pres. Hinckley died, which was appropriate, since he was such an excellent example of those traits!



1 comment:
I love the beautiful and bounteous pictures with your Korean friends. You have a nice circle of friends and acquaintances there.
I'm not surprised for one minute that Norm could hop right up there and speak!
Post a Comment