




Two years ago Rebecca and I flew down to Pusan and bussed over to Chinhae (Jinhae) on the south east coast of Korea. We spent a few hours roaming around at the annual Cherry Blossom Festival there, a huge celebration of the arrival of spring in the local area, where 70,000 cherry trees have been planted over the years! I have been wanting to get back there with Norm, and we made it happen this year. We also convinced Vicki and Joe Southerland and the John and Andrea Lucas Family to join us, and we all were able to get lodging (very inexpensively!) at the very small and lovely US Navy base for the weekend. We had perfect weather and great relaxing time together. Koreans in that area are not as accustomed as Seoulites are, to seeing Americans on the street, so we had lots of spontaneous friendliness and hospitality extended to us by total strangers, so they could practice their classic English phrases such as "Nice to meet you," and "Have a nice day." It was such fun! Here are a few of the many photos we took.



1 comment:
Funny, those are the phrases I recall as well! ;-) You and Norm and your friends look really happy. I'm glad you had a nice time.
Post a Comment