




Easter is earlier this year than I ever remember it being. I hear it won't be this early for another 220 years or so. It came less than a week after St. Patrick's Day, before my March 31 birthday, and before the cherry blossoms and spring flowers have even bloomed. Strange! But we did the celebration anyway, by inviting some of our favorite young adults (our surrogate children in Seoul) to join us for lasagne dinner and Easter music and discussion. And then we brought out the cookies to decorate! We had a friendly competition to see which egg John would choose as the winning entry...and he picked one of mine! That's quite an accomplishment, considering that 3 of the competitors (Lumina, Krisanne, and Karyn) are professionally trained artists! Good food, good friends, good times, and the greatest event of all time to commemorate: the resurrection of Jesus. Norm and I had also participated in the beautiful Easter program that the choir performed at church that morning. Since it was gray and rainy all day, I am grateful we were not in an outdoor sunrise service!



1 comment:
Sarah you look adorable in the cookie photo!
But I still can't believe i didn't win! NEXT EASTER....
Post a Comment