Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer at last--at home in Kaysville!





I made it home this week! After eager anticipation for most of the winter and spring, I flew home in style, stand by on Delta Airlines, in Business Elite--with the newly renovated modular seats that stretch out entirely flat! So I slept so soundly for hours after watching a few movies. What a blessing! Thanks to daughter Rebecca for enduring 10 long years of work as a reservation agent, to provide her parents another 10 years of some flight benefits!!

Since coming home to Kaysville Utah, I have gotten back in the swing of things quickly: attending a 2 day Cooperative Learning course in the Davis School District, helping daughter Emily move to Salt Lake City to live with two of her girlfriends, being reunited with our kids and one and only grandson Calvin who is now 11 months old, and outrageously entertaining and lively (!), and spending some good relaxing time with the neighbors in Kaysville 5th Ward at the annual 5 K fun run/walk, outdoor breakfast, pioneer Primary activity day, and potluck bbq dinner. I skipped the closing event of the day, the street dance, so I could go with the young family (Calvin and his parents) to Walmart. We are headed to Lehi to a dinner gathering at our son Daniel's home with bride Jenn tomorrow, so I can get my first look at that home, which they bought this spring. So much happening, and more to come next week! No matter what the future brings, I am glad to be here NOW for the wonderful life I have missed for too many months!

No comments: